Last week, after much planning and excitement, we held our first #YUDUSports event, as part of London Technology Week. It was a great success, with a good combination of people from publishers, agencies and corporations – all keen to hear words of wisdom from Darren Sandbach, Digital Learning Manager at FA Learning. Darren gave an excellent talk, packed full of interesting facts and figures about a series of apps they have recently launched.
Here are some of the main takeaways:
1. Our best opportunity is our content
- Over 100 videos produced and delivered in-house to The FA Licensed Coaches’ Club website – generating 115,000 views in total
- The Boot Room magazine delivered 3 times per year in print and digital
- The Future Game – grassroots and elite – now available in print and digital
2. The apps are accessible, affordable and appropriate
- The Boot Room magazine is available oniOS and Android
- Print subscription £12 – Digital subscription £7
- The Future Game is available oniOS and Android
- Digital editions priced at 1/3rd of print cover price
3. The results?
- The Boot Room
- 13,800 downloads on iOS vs 499 on Android
- 2,169 IAP’s
- Currently free to all coaches who enrol in the FA Licensed Coaches’ Club for next season (until July 31st 2014)
- Also sell subscriptions direct through our website – around 2,000 to date
- The Future Game
- 3,693 downloads on iOS vs 520 on Android
- Currently only promoted as a free benefit of attending an FA event, but available to buy otherwise
- Will be given free to all FA Licensed Coaches next season
We thank everyone for registering and hope that those who attended, found it to be useful and informative.
For more information on how we may be able to help with a project you are working on, please email firstname.lastname@example.org