Integration with Subscription Fulfilment Houses

When asked “we can either do this the easy way or the hard way?” 99% of people will always opt for the easy way! That’s why it’s great that we can now hook YUDU Pro to subscription fulfilment houses, this eliminates the need for publishers to manage/duplicate their subscription data in two separate locations (YUDU Pro/Fulfilment House).

It works by integrating an API (Application Program Interface) supplied by the fulfilment house with the YUDU Pro system, once the API has been integrated a user is authenticated against the fulfilment house system rather than the YUDU Pro subscription system. The login process for the user is unchanged; they retrieve the content exactly the same way.Once YUDU Pro is hooked up to a fulfilment house a user can still be authenticated from all platforms (iOS/Android/Digital Edition). This flexibility appeals to me as I have an Android mobile phone and an iPad, so a I’m able to subscribe and access content from both devices.

Integration has already been implemented for our existing clients using the API’s from the following fulfilment houses; CDS, Dovetail, and Quadrant. If you’re using any of these then the process to hook YUDU Pro to it is simple.

We’ve made things nice and easy for the 99% of people who like to take the easy route for the remaining 1% of you enjoy the long hard route.

This is the third of a series of blog posts that highlight recently added features to the YUDU Publishing Platform.

If you need any further information please get in touch either by email (jonathan.barker@yudu.com)

1 reply

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s